The good news:
- Passed all the exams in the previous semester
- Did the two week farm prac at a cattle/sheep stud farm, was pretty cool
- Went to Philippines for scuba, was totally awesome
- Spent time at home with my family and my doggies :3
- Dad got me a new shiny laptop which actually works and doesn't freeze
- Got myself a new intuos tablet
- Had a pretty chill break
- Got an industrial piercing
- Got spiffy speakers for the said laptop
The bad news:
- Haven't written up the report for the farm prac yet
- The units this semester are bloody intense
- Haven't actually drawn much
- Consequently I haven't made much progress with the comic :S
- Doing Parasitology and microbiology has made me rather paranoid about what parasites and other nasty pathogens I could potentially get
- My grandpa got diagnosed with TB. He'd been sick for a while, so the doctors were suspicious about the cause as they couldn't find it before. Since TB has a rather long incubation period, who knows how long he might have had it? And if he's passed it on to my grandma or not? Ad whether he's even strong enough to survive through the treatment? DDDDDD:
- Said industrial bled for two days straight non-stop until I went to the doctor to bandage it up with a pressure band-aid
- Just had a mid semester exam, and another one on Tuesday
- Didn't get much chance to use the tablet much
I suppose that's about it really.
Speaking of fandom issues, after FMA ended (Long live EdWin!!!!!) and I'd kinda fallen off the Reborn wagon, I'd been looking for new fandoms to go into to fill in my fandom void. Checked out a few, however they were either: not my taste (Hetalia, the whole ZOMGAMERICAFUCKYEAH attitude in the english fandom is a tad bit creepy for a non-American like me) or not very active at all (Darker than Black, boooo I want a third season) or very heavy on continuity (DC comics). Just as I thought that I was probably going to settle in drawing a whole load of Robins to fill the void, as well as just oogle at people's pretty art (after having a sudden epiphany that since this is the internet, it's completely okay to stalk people who you don't know because they draw pretty stuff), the suddenly WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bleach got good again.
Just a little background here, I used to be a very very big Bleach fan, it being my second favourite fandom after FMA. However after the SS arc things began to drag, and eventually I just stopped reading the actual chapters and just read spoilers. I mean after all, if you could summarise the chapter in two sentences, why bother reading it properly? I wasn't like I was missing out on much. That was, until the last couple of chapters, when Kubo suddenly decided to drop revelation after revelation, cumulating with the said WHAM!!!! I'm not going to spoil it, but I'm sure most of the internet knows what I'm talking about anyway. hadn't fangirled like that for SO HARD in ages. Damn you Kubo, just when I was about to give up on you, you had to go and make me a Bleachtard again. You sneaky bastard. So yeah so I think my fandom void problem just solved itself. Expect to see Bleach related stuff in the future.
Anyway, I was looking through my hard drive instead of studying for the mid sem exam, and I've discovered that I had a lot of pictures I hadn't posted yet, so I've decided that rather than doing them in separate posts, because I'll end up doing one chunk and forget to upload the rest, I'm just going to throw the whole lot here. So I apologise in advance for killing your bandwidth here. The quality is all over the place because some of it is very old. Like last year old.
Fandom first, A heck load of Robins, for the Band!AU:
Just some random doodles
Magazine photoshoot? XD
Some crack comic I started, but will probably never finish. :P
Skeleton Dick. Trying to be artsy and failing.
Cass isn't technically a Robin, but I thought it'd be cool for her to join in a bit. I mean she is a Batkid as well.
Complete crack pairing. JasonxKara. In an AU somewhere it's Jason who finds Kara's spaceship instead of Bats and Supes, and seeing her confused, Jason takes her in. So it;'s up to Jason to help her learn about Earth. Their relationship develops from there.
If you were ever a Renji fan and you've never wanted to do this, then you'd be lying. Tattoos are all wrong because I hadn't drawn him for ages and had no refs.
Poor guy, his hairline is totally receding. XD
Now complete OC time here, from Chimeran Green. I'm linking you guys to the sideshow, because I'm incredibly sleepy right now so I can't bother putting them up as separate images. Although a lot of this is pretty spoilerly, I reckon as long as I don't give much context for them they won't really make sense and they'll just be random doodles:
Can you tell now the comic can get NSFW? I wonder if people can guess what's going on. Or perhaps the scenes will be so altered nce I actually get to the plot points that they'll be unrecognisable anyway. :P
Miscellaneous sketches from other non-Chimeran Green ideas, mostly from abandoned projects:
If you're interested in knowing what any of these doodles are about, just ask, and I'll try to explain them.:)
Okay, I'm really sleepy now, it's 4am here and I have to study tomorrow. Maybe next time I'll post some new comic pages, as well as doodles.