Hmmm... Seems like I've evaporated off the face of the internet. This seems to be a rather common occurrence, I must have that checked.
If you're one of the people who are wondering who the crap I am and why I've randomly friended you, all I can say is that I like seeing pretty stuff on my f-list, and well you draw pretty stuff, so I'm stalking you. Sorry about that. ^^;
Anyway, here's a somewhat brief rundown of what happened between the last post and this:
- Caught swine flu in October. It's horrid, but not fatal. Actually hallucinated during the first feverish week. Which was actually you know, kinda wacky. Probably caught it off one of the flatmates, because it was spreading like wildfire in the student village. PEOPLE DON'T WEAR MASKS WHEN THEY'RE SICK HERE. It's rather distressing really, because it it was something like the Spanish flu we'd be ALL DEAD.
- As a direct result of that my mom paid a visit over the exams, specifically according to her, so that I'd be fed properlly during the exams. It was awesome, not only because she's the most awesome cook around EVAR, but because I was getting rather homesick. I <3 you mom~
- Also I Managed to complete Nanomango! I actually managed 30 penciled pages, on top of revising for those pesky exams. Finally the stupid comic is actually underway, I've done another 30+pages since then, I'll post them up later.
- Speaking of exams, I passed them all, except for the practical exam for handling pigs, which annoyed the fuck out of me. I mean I thought I'd fail the cattle or the sheep prac (which I didn't, I actually did really well in them, much to my suprise) but PIGS? WHUT. That was like the EASIEST one out of the pracs! But yeah, so I did the supplementary, and I passed that one, so it was aaaalllll goooood. And ate pork chops for dinner for revenge. Mmmmmmmm... delicious meat... >:D
- So I spent Christmas at home in Hong Kong, which was awesome as usual, catching up with some old friends and hanging out with some of the new ones I met at school. As expected I pigged out, because, well, FOOD.
- Also did a week's worth of work experience at the vet clinic with a friend. It was really cool, and I leart nquite a bit from that. Now I'm looking forward the graduating even more now. Speaking of which i still have that report to write. Oooops.
- Went to Japan for five days in January with my sister and cousin. We were just in the Tokyo area, but even then our days were packed. So much do see, so much to do, so much to shop and so much to eat. Speaking of that I still have to upload the pics onto facebook, because I accidentally stole the SD card from my sis when I came back to Perth. Ah well.
- Also, we have another dog now, we've named her Lickie. We were like eating out at this restaurant on this wet and cold day when we found this puppy under then table. After asking around to see it she belonged to anyone (she wasn't, and the owner of the restaurant was going to take her to the pound), we took the poor thing home, cleaned her up, and set up a cage for her. At first we were just going to foster her till we could find her owners, or someone who wanted her, but then we all got rather attatched to her, and so we kept her. Momo(my other dog) loves her, they play everyday, and they leave a path of destruction at their wake. Our dogs have retarded names. XD
- My other cousin got married, so that was pretty cool as well. Gotta say he and his wife are really cute together. God bless you both! <3
- Came back to Perth, and moved out of the student village to live with a few friends. Now I have a double bed with an ensuite bathroom. It's pretty sweet really. Although if we eat any more pasta I will SCREAM.
- So yeah currently I'm in third year now, and frankly nutrition is freaking boring. As is pathology. And Ethics. I really DON'T CARE about the crude fibre and crude protein content in silage. Just had the midsem exam for both nutrition and pathology last week. While the nutrition exam was actually quite easy, the pathology wasn't. Oh FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCK. >_____<
So between then and now, I have in fact been drawing quite a fair bit, but mainly sketches, so I'll post them in several batches, as so not to kill your bandwidth or f-lists.
First off I finished this last month. I was going to enter it into the Kiseki competition on DA, but I couldn't make it:
Lets just say that this is pretty cliched, and I finally dicovered the wonders of gradient fill. It instantly makes shitty cell shading look prettier, and those feather brushes sure came in handy. The two of them there are my OCs, from a fantasy story which I have in the backburner, involving world-hopping, and Elder Gods. Needless to say that the guy isn't an angel, and he's definately not actually that pretty in the story. Someday I will have the skills to draw him out in his full Elderich Abomination glory. Here are the DA and MB links. :D
Also, if any of you recall that old Evil vs Good pic that I posted WIPs for last year (if you don't, you can check the post last year, it's like three posts down XD), I finally finished it:
I'd actually left it for like almost a year, but then I saw the theme imaginarybeasts was 'Heaven and Hell', so I signed up and finished the damned thing and submitted it. Had to fix loaaadsss of mistakes, especially anatomical and lighting ones (I sucked last year),so it's slightly better. Still just as emo though. XD Here'sthe DA and MA link.
While these are the only finished pics I've done, I have actually been doodling like crazy as I said (keeps me awake in lectures). Here's the DC related stuff first:
Some redesigns of the Bats if they were in some sort of Tokugatsu universe, where they'd ride awesome motorcycles that turn into giant mecha or something. Notice that Robin's actually Jason Todd, because I think he'd be the hot-headed rival to Dick. Also, I draw him with very spicky hair. The trims are supposed to be their respective colours (Yellow=Bruce, Blue=Dick, Red=Jason), so Tim's will be Green and Steph's will be Eggplant. If I ever draw them that is. Not sure about Babs, Cass or Damien's though, and I dunno if Azrael is gonna even be in it. XD
Okay, this is purely crack. Basicly what If Dick, Jason, and Tim were a Boy-band, akin to Arashi, Dongbanshiki, or NYC Boys. With the Music Meister as the manager. Yeah. It makes no sense really. Thumbnailed because I forgot to resize it. Oooops.
This one's pretty self explanatory really. If he didn't become Red Robin. Also pure crack.
Random Batman. Enough said.
Random Damien. He's actually a fun character, providing that you write him like some spoilt brat, rather than the best thing since sliced bread. *cough*Morrison*cough* Dick is not amused.
The following are probably not very worksafe at all:
Robins in distress. Maybe I went a bit overboard with Jason with the crowbar. O____o;
Finally some not Bat related stuff:
This is supposed to be Cassie looking at some old Young Justice photos. Not sure why she's naked though.
Raven is annoyed. Probably the Teen Titans Go! version.
That's all for today, I'll post more later.